Autumn Term 2023
Our School Council and Mini Vinnies have started the Autumn Term with a 'Giving Project' for the Harvest season.
- The children carried out lots of research about local food banks.
- Decided on the food bank they wanted to donate to, through regular meetings and discussion.
- Created letters and sent these on to local Community Officers and Food Aware teams.
- Used ART and CRAFT skills to create posters to promote their charitable project.
- Demonstarted their wonderful COMPUTING skills and created a powerpoint presentation for our whole school assembly.
- Presented an assembly to all of our KS1 and KS2 children in school about what food banks are and why they are so important.
Everyone at St Alban's are very PROUD of their hard work and hope that the food donations will help others in our local community!
Our School Council and Mini Vinnies have made it to Doncaster Radio! This charitable event will help lots of local families in our community.
Thank you to everyone who donated and helped our Autumn Term project be a HUGE success.
We are all excited to engage in our next meeting to decide what to do next!