Learning ideas and online activities
Below is a list of games for our children, chosen by our teachers - just click on the bold blue text to take you straight to the websites:
ALL AREAS OF THE CURRICULUM
- The National Curriculum have support for parents and activities for children accessible via this link: NATIONALCURRICULUM
- As parents and carers, you can also set up y our own free Twinkl account for one month to access interactive and paper based learning for your child(ren). Click on the link to do this: FREE TWINKL ACCOUNT
- A new online learning platform has been set up for all schools to use nationally. If you wish to supplement your child's learning any further you can access this yourselves at home; we would recommend particularly in the holidays if you are working. What is being set for your children and sent via email accessed through the school website is enough and most importantly, it is planned by your child's class teacher with a focus on what they need next, week by week for them to master their skills across the curriculum.
- NATIONAL ACADEMY
- KS1 Quizzes
Phonics (also see Phonics Play page)
- Sign up free to TEACH YOUR MONSTER TO READ
- Spelling App from Susie Dent - Your teachers will sign up for free access - a code will be sent to your class email for you to log on to the App for free for 12 weeks. Click here to sign in to Sir Link Alot Spell at Home
- Live at 9.30 each day - fun interactive activities with the legend that is Pie Corbett - click: RADIOBLOGGING
- ENGLISH FAMILY ZONE GAMES
- Register for free ebooks - OXFORD OWL
- Listen to popular books being read (mobile and tablets)- AUDIBLE STORIES
- Free resources to download from GRAMMARSAURUS
Holiday Writing Challenge!!!
Have a go at this...enjoy...we can't wait to see the finished product!!!
- NUMBOTS (Y2 - Y6) through TTRockstars - use your TTRockstars Login
- NUMBOTS for Rosedale and Roche is coming soon - parents keep checking personal and class emails for new logins for NUMBOTS!
- Sign up free to Carol Vorderman's THE MATHS FACTOR (4-11 year olds)
- Click here for the Weekly Liturgy - download resources or register for a live liturgy at 10 am every Sunday
- 7 ways to continue your Lenten journey - click here: CAFOD LENTEN JOURNEY
- Stations of the Cross 2020
- Click here for Bible Stories for FS2/KS1 children - THE HOLY TALES
- Primary School resources through CAFOD
- Make your key work this week focus on helping others. Perhaps you could:
- create a piece of artwork for your window to cheer up passersby
- write a letter to someone who is elderly or vulnerable
- say / write a prayer
- lead a liturgy for your family on a Sunday
- bake biscuits or cake and leave for a neighbour
- litter pick on your daily walk
- Check out Pete McKee on You Tube every Wednesday at 12pm - CARTOON WORKSHOP!
- Have fun drawing animals and other subjects with Art for Kids Hub
- 30th March is Van Gogh’s birthday. To celebrate this and all the key workers- bus drivers, cooks, cleaners, pharmacists, carers, shop workers, bankers, social workers - just to name a few- we encourage you to be an artist, just like Van Gogh. Using the painting “Sunflowers “ as inspiration (below), create your own version and on the vase write who you would like to dedicate the picture to. It might be a key worker, it could be a family member, or a friend. Display it in your window at home and share your gratitude with others!
- You could also go to this website for more artistic ideas! Click here: 25 Art Ideas inspired by Van Gogh
- Visit the Van Gogh Museum